I was trying to decide whether to post some more photos but instead I thought I'd fill in the gaps between the previous photos with words...
On Saturday afternoon, having seen all the Great Aunts again and showed off the baby photos, I caught a train to London. Having alighted near St Pauls I decided to walk there and grab a couple of night shots. Upon contacting my youngest cousin, Roger, we arranged to have dinner at Brick Lane so I walked over there. Roger had been to watch Arsenal play that afternoon. To get to Brick Lane, I walked through Cheapside and down Grace Church Street (which I didn't get a photo of as they were doing lots of roadwork so I'm sure it wouldn't have looked anything like it did in the days of P&P). The Indian food we ate was very filling so I suggested we walk to the Tower of London for some more night shots. We ended up walking halfway across zone 1 and crossing the Thames multiple times, before getting tired and getting on the tube at Westminster.
On Sunday, Roger and I headed to Portobello Road which is mainly open on a Saturday but still has some stalls open on Sunday. It was busy enough for me! We then continued walking to Kensington Gardens and looked around Kensington Palace, the Elfin Tree and the Peter Pan statue. We got some obligatory photos of swans and also saw one of the Royal Choppers land. We then continued to walk to Oxford Street. It was packed. There were some great window displays ready for Christmas (including some with teddy bear puppets opening all the presents and trying out the toys...).
On Monday, I had a late start and then caught the tube to Oxford Street again for a little shopping at Hamleys. After spending too much money I caught the tube to St Pauls and walked across the Millenium Bridge again (by day this time). I then looked around Tate Modern until I was feeling tired so walked to London Bridge and start on my journey back to Luton (by underground and rail).
No comments:
Post a Comment