29.4.06

Theology and Teaching (or Mountain Madness...)

It's been about a week since everything that was coming with us to the mountains has made it to the mountains... That means it's been a hectic month but then that was what I'd expected so can't really complain...
The house is adequate for the three of us and it's been nice to have the wood fire burning most nights this week (and sometimes during the day). The only downfall of the move so far is deciding what to do about internet connection. At this stage we are thinking about just getting it put into Dad's office in Lawson, so I'll have to continue to travel to be connected to the world at large.

This post is also a tribute to the late Shida:
She is and will continue to be fondly remembered. She lived a good life and was a great companion. Even to the end she was queen of the car (sat down straight away in the driver's seat).

Now to the title of this post...
Teaching and Theology: I'm continuing to enjoy my courses. In two days time I'll start my four weeks of prac teaching and at this stage I'm still looking forward to it. I enjoyed getting my head stuck into the Abrahamic and Sinai covenants recently (let me know if you would like to receive a copy of the final essay and didn't receive an email with it yet). The next piece of work for the MDiv is due in the middle of my prac, so hopefully I'll find enough time to give it thorough attention. I'm still trying to work out whether correspondence study is the way to go for next semester's MDiv or whether I'll try and get back to lectures again. The main problem with my courses at the moment is the expectation that you'll be online 24/7. This is impractical for study and also inconvenient given my current connection drought. Oh well, it all just adds to the mountain madness I suppose... Church has been really encouraging lately. Given the uncertainty of next year and even next semester it is a little strange trying to work out what to get involved in. Already I've been roped into playing for the Easter Sunday services and the 8.30am service. On the whole things are going well and the change feels a little more hectic than a holiday but still enjoyable.

No comments: